Do you know what Tonkatsu is? It’s a deep fried pork cutlet with brown sauce. It was inspired by pork chops and Worcestershire sauce from Europe.
- Bulldog Sauce – http://tonkatsu.bulldog.jp/about/
- Cooked Pork Chops – CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=864939
- Worcesterschire sauce By photo: Qurren (talk)Taken with Canon IXY 10S – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=17417461
- Pig in Japan – https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2011/10/28/food/pig-in-japan-the-nations-most-popular-meat/#.WyOm_kiFMuV
- Tonkatsu – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonkatsu
What are pork chops or cutlets like where you’re from?