In our update video, we asked the community to send us videos of their living rooms, and they did not disappoint. We received living room videos from:
- United States
Central America / Caribbean
- Puerto Rico
As you can tell, there are many continents and countries we didn’t receive submissions from, so if you’re from a country not listed, there’s a good chance we’ll show your country if you submit your video for the next project.
While we couldn’t prominently feature everyone in the video, we did manage to fit fair amount of different living rooms in. But, what we were able to do, was embed the videos of those who posted them on YouTube, so you can see the full length videos of everyone down below.
Next Community Video Project: Kitchens!
For the next community video project, we’re looking for videos from kitchens around the world. So please use the form below to submit yours.
Tips for making your video
I wrote an article and made a video about tips on making your own video, so please check that out. But, here’s some additional tips I have after watching the first set of community submitted videos:
- If someone can film you, that’s generally results in the best quality.
- You don’t have to be in front of the camera, but it makes it more interesting to watch.
- The personal touches made it interesting, like talking about your pet or a picture that’s special to you. Perhaps with the kitchen video it’s a favourite dish that you or one of your family member makes, a special cup that you have that your mother bought you, etc…
- Watch out for sound quality. The closer you are to the camera, the better audio you’ll get – not too close though 🙂
- Watch out for lighting. If you’re standing in front of a brightly lit window, unless you have a nice camera, they don’t tend to handle it very well.
- Anywhere from 1 minute to 5 minutes will work. We probably won’t use the whole video, but you can always publish to YouTube and we’ll embed it on the lifewhereimfrom.com site.
Video Submission Form
Deadline is end of day, July 24th (in whatever time zone you’re in)
Full Length Living Room Videos
Manuela – Lille, France
Brad – Buffalo, United States