When I talked to friends and the Life Where I’m From community about going to the capital city of the Philippines, Manila, many warned me about the traffic. One community member even offered to show me her commute, so of course, I jumped at the opportunity.
Thanks to Dashlane for sponsoring the video. Try Dashlane Premium free for 30 days at www.dashlane.com/life and use the coupon code ‘life’ to get 10% off Dashlane Premium.
At first I thought, oh yeah, everyone complains about their area’s drivers, and the congestion is bad, and you know, here it’s the worst. But after reading some reports, traffic in the Philippines, and especially Manila, really is some of the worst in the world.
I’ve filmed a lot about the Philippines, so I might be making 2-3 more videos, and perhaps one that talks specifically about Manila’s Traffic problem.
What’s the commute like where you’re from?
- Daily minimum wage: https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2018/11/05/1866065/p25-minimum-wage-hike-granted-metro-manila-workers
- Antipolo Cathedral: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipolo_Cathedral
- Jeepney’s and traffic congestion: https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/03/07/591140541/a-push-to-modernize-philippine-transport-threatens-the-beloved-jeepney
- Waze study on driver satisfaction around the world: https://inbox-static.waze.com/driverindex.pdf
- Why someone only uses Grab now: https://opinion.inquirer.net/118966/i-spent-p159088-on-grab/amp