In a recent survey by the Japanese Ministry of Justice, it was found that 4 out of 10 foreign residents in Japan have been refused tenancy because they were a foreigner. In this video, we explore why it’s so hard for foreigners to rent in Japan.
- David Chart https://www.patreon.com/mimusubi/
- Kyde & Eric https://www.youtube.com/user/kepsux
- John Daub https://www.youtube.com/user/ONLYinJAPANWAORYU
- Kanagawa Housing Support Center for Foreigners http://sumasen.com/ (they have very helpful renting in Japan guides you can download)
- Taka from Tokyo Best Realtors http://www.tokyobestapartment.com/
- Japan Ministry of Justice Foreign Residents Survey 2016 http://www.moj.go.jp/content/001249011.pdf
- Leopalace 21 https://en.leopalace21.com/ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ojBTHBlubY
- Japanese apartment search https://www.homes.co.jp/chintai/tokyo/map/
- Japan Tokyo Prefecture Map By T.Kambayashi – Image:Japan Tokyo Pref Map.svg, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=22745810
How does your country handle new immigrants where you’re from?